21 May 2012

How to Find Clarity in Flowers and Weeds

How to find clarity in natureI have been wandering lately in a fog, finding clarity only when I pulling weeds and walking aimlessly in my garden, lush and wild with spring. Every way I turn, I am lost in a mélange of purples, blues, shades of rose. I stand in awe. Hardly breathing. Just like last year and the year before and the year before and the years that have long since become only memory, I am captured anew by the beauty and perfection of all that is color and form in nature. A flower becomes sanctuary.
 
There is, too, the intense purpose and focus of pulling weeds. Then I think of nothing else. Cleaning a patch, pulling and pulling until the earth is, for the moment, deep and brown... spotless. My fingers dig in the cool loose soil. I think the flowers and the bushes breathe more freely. 
Stay Connected With Free Updates
Subscribe via Email
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Love the images of the flowers - and the intensity of pulling weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:32 PM

    Thank you for the reminder to be present to the moment.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2012 Creativity and Spirituality: the Enduring Path All Right Reserved