19 November 2007

The Stillness and Awe Between You and Me

The Stillness and Awe Between You and Me,  Quote by Goethe
The Stillness and Awe Between You and Me
by Doris Russell

The bowing down of the creature before her God.
When the boredom passes
there is just the utter stillness and awe between
you and me.

I stretch out my arms and the stillness envelops me.
I didn't understand it then -
the boredom, the quiet, the loneliness -
the utter dryness of it all.

Yet my sisters and I stood before you in our sameness
and we were one in the quiet.
I get the same feeling here in the Circle as I did many years ago.
But now there is no boredom
Just an ever unfolding awe as the day melts into the night -
And I look forward to the mystery of life - the next breath
A little scared - but excited in hushed anticipation of the
next moment.

"My greatest wealth is the deep stillness in which I strive and grow and win what the world cannot take from me with fire or sword." --Goethe
Stay Connected With Free Updates
Subscribe via Email
  • Blogger Comment
  • Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 Creativity and Spirituality: the Enduring Path All Right Reserved